Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bedtime...

As a kid, it really hurt my feelings when my parents would march me off to bed in the evenings. It was like they couldn't wait to be rid of me..."Brush your teeth, put on your pajamas...hurry, hurry, hurry, march, march, MARCH!!!" For all I knew, they threw some fabulous party when my sister and I went to bed--complete with balloons, cupcakes with sprinkles, and streamers--and didn't want us to crash the festivities. Therefore, I resented being shuffled off to bed, night after night, while they enjoyed themselves without me. ME...the one who was suppose to be the most important person in their lives!


Now as a mom to a one year old, I know exactly why your child's bedtime is the most gloriously anticipated moment of the day....

It's called S-I-L-E-N-C-E.


Here's to all the overtired parents out there!

~ Amanda (Zzzzzzz.....)

No comments: