Sunday, September 7, 2008

Air Show...No Show... :(

I was all excited to go to the Misawa air show featuring the Japan Blue Impulse team--my very first air show EVER! But it rained. So typical....


The static displays were stationed along the runway for everyone's viewing pleasure, but since I see the planes there everyday, I wasn't too thrilled about the prospect of enduring the drizzling rain and crowds of people to do a walk-through. So, we left and did the next best thing--go to one of our favorite places to eat...the sushi go-round! :)


It's not swank, but for about $1.50 per plate, you can't find a better sushi bargain. Salmon is my fav...and this from someone who thought sushi was disgusting only three years ago! Guess you have to travel all the way to Japan to appreciate some really good fish! Even Noah enjoys a mouthful or two. Careful on the wasabi there, mom! :)


There's only one thing I simply can't bring myself to eat, however...the raw horse meat.

I'm pretty brave when it comes to food and usually believe in the "don't knock it unless you try it" way of thinking, but this is just a bit too extreme for even my palate. Apparently, it's quite the delicacy and has a delicious flavor. Ummm...I'll just take their word for it. I like my horses still whinnying and trotting around on four legs.
Well, that marks the end of another weekend here in Misawa. Only four more months to go! Speaking of which, I'm actually getting pretty nervous about our upcoming move to Hawaii. Chris will be away about 75% of the time that we are stationed there and will probably not even be around long enough to help me gather up our bags and dog from the airport, get new IDs, pick up our car, or even unpack our house once we arrive. It's funny how you marry into military life and seem to remain "single" for most of your 20+ year journey.
Anyone willing to volunteer to come a stay with me a week or two in Hawaii to help?? I make a pretty good margarita... :)
~Amanda

2 comments:

Dan02USNA said...

Amanda,

How about I just come live with you??!! :)

Joy

Jamie said...

We miss the sushi go round! Wish you could box it up and send some. Virginia sushi is just not cutting it. We have only tried one place and were so dissapointed.