Monday, June 9, 2008

Grilled Thai Beef Salad


Chris made this for dinner tonight and all I can say is....WOW. Healthy, tasty, full of flavor...and I don't even like curry, which is a main ingredient in the marinade!
We have always eaten rather healthy, but with my new diagnosis we went in search of great cookbooks in which we would not have to sacrifice taste for diabetic maintenance. Ellie Krieger's (she's a dietician) The Foods You Crave is an excellent source of recipe ideas for someone whose looking to adopt a healthy diet and yet still enjoy some of your favorite foods--fried chicken, mac n' cheese, and even chocolate desserts! YUM!
I highly recommend giving Ellie a shot and buying her latest cookbook. Or, if I've yet to convince you, look up a couple of her recipes through the Food Network and give them a try!
Bon Appetite!
~Amanda

No comments: